Known worldwide for its extensive technical program, the AOCS Annual Meeting features more than 650 oral and poster presentations within 12 interest areas. This year’s technical program includes 10 sessions specifically designed to address food safety:
- Advances in Bioactive Fats
- Advances in Minor Constituent Analysis in Specialty Oils
- Advances in Sample Processing and Lipid Extraction Techniques
- Environmental and Regulatory Issues
- Impact of Oil Processing on Health Outcomes
- Lipid Oxidation Evaluation by Sensory Methods
- Marine and Krill Oil—Analytical Advances
- Metabolic Products and Toxicity of Lipid Oxidation and Antioxidants in Foods and Biological Systems
- Process Control Utilizing NIR and Similar On-line Analytical Tools
Three short courses offer a more hands-on approach to learning:
- Fundamentals of Edible Oil Processing provides a comprehensive summary of oils and fats chemistry, processing steps, and product development to ensure product quality. Speakers from industry and academia will discuss unit operations, processing conditions and their effect on minor compounds, chemistry, texture, crystallization and nutritional quality.
- New Techniques in Edible Oil Processing and Refinery Optimization offers the opportunity for participants with existing experience to meet experts in the field to discuss their current challenges and enhance their product innovation or plant operation. Program topics include: Energy savings and waste water reduction in oils and fats as well as learning to increase productivity as it relates to soybean, sunflower, corn, palm and other tropical oils. It is a practical course for marketing, technical and plant personnel.
- Experimental Design and Analysis: Simple Tools to Maximize Product Performance will provide an introduction to the concept of Experimental Design as it applies to formulation and mixture design. Participants will learn how to define a design space that encompasses all variables of interest, maximize efficiency in choosing the needed experiments to populate the data set, and use statistical tools to validate experimental results and determine the suitability of the model for the application at hand.
In addition to the short courses and three days of technical sessions, the Annual Meeting includes Hot Topics Symposia, Industry Showcases and a variety of networking events. The Hot Topics Symposia addresses critical and emerging issues impacting the business of fats and oils and the future of those industries. The Industry Showcases exhibition will feature the latest analytical instrumentation, food ingredients, processing equipment, and other technologies related to oils and fats.
The Annual Meeting attracts 1,600 professionals from 45 countries, so join us and engage with the industry’s most prestigious corporate, government, and academic institutions.
For more information and to register visit: AnnualMeeting.aocs.org