The FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (CFSAN) is hosting a free hybrid public meeting entitled “Modernizing Food and Drug Administration Recalls Listening Session” on September 29, 2023, from 9:00am-5:00pm ET.
Join the discussion on “Recalls Trends, Regulation and Lessons Learned,” a Panel Discussion with FDA at the Food Safety Consortium, October 16-18
The listening session will provide an opportunity for stakeholders to share information and feedback about topics related to recall modernization, for FDA-regulated products. The FDA is inviting comments from all interested stakeholders and has identified the following examples of topic categories of the type of information the agency is interested in obtaining:
- General recall preparations / contingency planning
- Creating successful recall strategies, including methods to reach underserved communities
- Initiating a recall
- Strategies for public warning, including press releases, social media, and other communication tools
- Increasing efficiency and effectiveness of recall information exchange
- Ensuring effective recalls
- Terminating a recall
- Strategies for reducing recall recurrence for similar situations
The meeting will be held at the FDA White Oak Campus, 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Bldg. 31, Rm. 1503A (the Great Room), Silver Spring, MD 20993. Virtual registration is also available.
Registration is required to attend in person or virtually.