For those who have been with us every week since September 3—Congratulations on making it through 13 weeks of engaging and highly educational content! This week wraps up the final episode of the 2020 Food Safety Consortium Virtual Conference Series, and we are offering complimentary registration to the entire industry for the event on Thursday, December 17.
The following are highlights for this week’s session:
- GFSI at 20 Years: Time for a Reboot? With Karil Kochenderfer, LINKAGES; Neil Marshall, The Coca-Cola Company; and Skip Greenway, Eagle Certification Group
- “For a long time, we’ve operated businesses based on 20th century models that don’t resonate in the 21st century world. Are we at an inflection point, with both small and large businesses paying for costly and inefficient practices that no longer apply, and is it time for GFSI to change?” says Kochenderfer in her recent Food Safety Tech column on the topic.
- Future Proofing the GFSI Ecosystem, with Erica Sheward, The Consumer Goods Forum; Kazuaki Miyagishima, GFSI Board retailer member; and Marie-Claude Quentin, GFSI
- “GFSI looks forward to answering direct questions from participants, as taking the pulse of those within and beyond our community is an essential part of GFSI’s work, and something we have committed to do increasingly through our Stakeholder Engagement Plan. The need – and the vision of safe food for consumers everywhere – remains as vital and relevant today as it was when GFSI was founded 20 years ago,” says Erica Sheward GFSI Director, The Consumer Goods Forum.
- The Future of Food Safety Technology, with Darin Detwiler, Northeastern University; Jennifer Crandall, Safe Food En Route, LLC; and Adam Gauthier, Northeaster University.
- Consortium “Take Aways” Panel Discussion, with Rick Biros, Food Safety Consortium; Steven Sklare, The Food Safety Academy; Maria Fontanazza, Food Safety Tech, and Shawn Stevens, Food Industry Counsel, LLC.
The event begins this Thursday at 12 pm ET. Haven’t registered? Follow this link to receive free registration to the 2020 Food Safety Consortium Virtual Conference Series. We look forward to your joining us virtually.