Episode 4 of the 2020 Food Safety Consortium Virtual Conference Series features more important conversations about COVID-19 and its impact on the food industry. The event kicks off with a special presentation by FDA’s Frank Yiannas. Highlights include:
- FDA Keynote Address by Frank Yiannas, deputy commissioner for food policy and response
- Yiannas will weigh in on the agency’s next steps related to the New Era of Smarter Food Safety as well as the recently proposed FSMA rule on traceability
- COVID-19 Lessons Learned Panel Discussion with Mitzi Baum, STOP Foodborne Illness; Stephanie Dragatsis, Feeding America; Carletta Ooten, Amazon; Spir Marinakis, Maple Leaf Foods; and Craig Wilson, Costco Wholesale
- Rumor vs. Reality: How to Cope with the Trends of Food Safety During a Pandemic, with Ge Song, Benjamin L. England & Associates, LLC
- Tech Talk by sponsor Rizepoint and program partner AOAC
As part of a special offering, Episode 4 has been made available for viewing on demand for free. Register to view the on-demand recording.